For all your online business building info! , 2017-10-22 12:01:39
Make Money Online as a Freelancer
Making money online as a freelancer is a goal of many people, but most don’t know where to start. In this article we will help you on your way.
Freelancing is a term given to those who sell a service or skill. They can perform this service or skill online or offline. In other words a freelancer is someone who is self-employed and takes on clients for which he or she performs a service. After the service is performed the freelancer takes on a new client/project.
How to become a freelancer
Before you can become a freelancer you must first find out in which field you have skills or in which field you want to perform a specific service. (If you desire working in a specific field and you don’t have the skills, maybe you first have to take some classes.) The best thing to do is becoming an expert in a specific field. The more expertise the more income you could generate. Technical fields such as programming and search engine optimisation are always in demand, and more graphic fields such as design are sought out as well. After you have decided in which field you want to become a freelancer you should start marketing yourself online.
Marketing for Freelancers
Besides skill you should also know how to find new clients (for which you could do a project.) For a beginning freelancer this can be a challenging task, but with a little bit of help from marketing you should soon find your first customer. The best tip we can give: to successfully market yourself, you must go where there is a need. For instance: you are a programmer, then you should go to some user forums, where you answer user questions. (Use real name and mention your website with a link tag: If you are looking for a freelancer, click here.) After a while you build up a certain reputation. If your reputation is good, people will ask YOU if you have time to do a project.
Another example: if you are a writer, start a Blog and post some articles (again mention that you are for hire.) You should also write some articles and post them at some article directories. If you are good, people will ask you to write something for them.
If your are a specialist and a professional then people will find you!
Tips for Freelance Career
To make a freelance career a success you should follow the following tips:
- Benchmark your service: from time to time you should ask the customers for their opinion about your service. Maybe they could fill out a sheet with questions about you’re service at the end of the project.
- Research the competition: you always have to checkout what the competition is doing. Maybe their hourly rate has gone down or they offer some extra service.
- Stay current: the world is not standing still. You must keep your knowledge up to date. Always read the latest material in your field. In this way you can always offer the customer the best service.
- Act as a professional: you must maintain your professionalism at all time. You should remember that everything you do reflects on your business. Act like a professional and your clients will think of you as one.
- Deliver more then what people asked for. You will see that customers will return. (People like free stuff.)
- Deliver progress reports: with projects that take a long time, you should keep in touch with the customer (especially with online projects). Report the progress at least once a week.
- Set your price before you start the project. Also you should know in which way the payment will be forefilled and in which way the result is delivered to the customer. The worst thing that could happen, is a misunderstanding at the end of the project.
So if you follow these simple rules, nothing should stand in your way of building a successful freelance career.
- Make Money Online and Earning a Large Income
- 7 Businesses Perfect for Working from Home
- Make Money Online and the Need of a Business Plan
- 10 Simple Saving Tips
- 6 Tips to Set Money Aside
- Information Products Ideas to Make Money Online
- Make Money Online with a Membership Sites
- Make Money Online 13 Adsense Alternatives
- 150 Essential Business or Freelancing Tools
- Use Coupons to Increase Your Online Business Sales