For all your online business building info! , 2018-09-23 10:32:45
How to Sell Goods on eBay
Are you the person that likes to shop around and find unique items and bargains? Want to turn your clutter into cash? Are you the flea market pursuer that knows a good find when you see it?
Why don’t you try to sell items on eBay and make a profit? There are many people that are making a good living through selling stuff on eBay. Unload unwanted goods and make a little dough, but be warned-whether you’re selling or buying, eBay may be addictive.
Almost anything can be sold on eBay – eBooks, books, china, jewelery, etc, etc.
Joining the eBay community
Getting set up to sell on eBay is quick and the registration is free. You have to register whether you want to buy or sell. The registration process is quick and easy.
Just log on to the registration page, where you will be asked to fill in: your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and e-mail address. After you filled in these things you have to read and agree to the eBay User Agreement. You must read them carefully don’t just agree with them.
Setting up shop
Once you’re a registered member of the community, you will be prompted to register to become a seller. You will be asked to:
- Choose a User ID.
- Create a password.
- Answer a question for when you loose your password.
- Confirm your e-mail address (Click the confirmation button).
- Provide credit card information
- Select how you will pay seller fees.
Note: the credit card information is only used for ID verification. There will be no charges made on your card. Remember the registration is free! Once you sold item a seller fee is deducted.
Before you start your auction you need to prepare the items, write a description and set your price. Read the article How to Earn with eBay for more details.
When you are prepared for your first auction then you can make a listing for the item(s) you would like to sell. The site will prompt you to:
- Select a format (Online auction or Sell at a fixed price).
- Select a currency (Select dollar if you wish to sell internationally).
- Select a category (collectible, etc.)
- Enter a title and description. (This is your sales pitch so this must be good. Mind the spelling!).
- Enter the minimum price at which you want bidding to start or set a “buy it now” fixed price.
- Select the duration of the auction-your choice of one, three, five, seven, or 10 days. (Tip: Start your auction on Sunday and select seven days for durations)
- Add a photo of the item. (This is optional but we recommend you to do it!).
- Choose accepted payment methods. List shipping costs and details of where you are willing to ship. (Do some research on how much shipping cost to different regions or countries)
- After a last review you can submit your entry.
After the auction
When the auction is over you must wait until the payment is received. (Don’t ship any goods until the payment is received). Also make sure that the buyer will cover the mail or shipping costs. After receiving the payment you must ship the product. Make sure that the item is packaged properly (especially on international shipping).
After your first sale an online feedback profile will be created for you. Make sure that every buyer fills out the profile. (Ask!) This is the most important aspect of your reputation on eBay. When buyers read it, it will give them confidence in the quality of goods and service you deliver and they will buy items more easily from such a vendor.
- Make Money Online and Earning a Large Income
- 7 Businesses Perfect for Working from Home
- Make Money Online and the Need of a Business Plan
- 10 Simple Saving Tips
- 6 Tips to Set Money Aside
- Information Products Ideas to Make Money Online
- Make Money Online with a Membership Sites
- Make Money Online 13 Adsense Alternatives
- 150 Essential Business or Freelancing Tools
- Use Coupons to Increase Your Online Business Sales